The Third Ministerial Conference of the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) takes place from 9-11 January 2019 at the Cape Town International Conference Centre. It follows two successful previous conferences held in Dubai in 2014 and Berlin in 2017.
The 2019 Conference is co-hosted by the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), representing multiple UN agencies and the South African government, under the auspices of the Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) and will bring approximately 500 participants from around the globe – including high-level representatives from governments, civil society, private sector, development partners, media and the general public.
The open exhibition for delegates and the public forms part of the conference programme which includes:
- Closed sessions for international ministers or their representatives
- A dinner and cocktail event for delegates, media and business / industry leaders
- Conference sessions for all delegates
- Parallel breakaway discussion sessions on four themes
- An open exhibition for delegates and the general public
The four themes for the 2019 event are:
- Show me the money – How do we unlock green finance?
- Re-thinking – Strategies and policies for a green economy
- No one left behind – Revising economic and social inclusion in the 21st Century
- Closing the loop – Sustainable consumption and production & circular economy
South Africa has been at the forefront of championing green economy and the third PAGE Ministerial Conference provide an opportunity for South Africa, along with other international PAGE member states, to reinforce its commitment to transition to a green/ sustainable economy and to demonstrate implementation of the tools and strategies working to accelerate this transition.
The conference and exhibition will highlight and celebrate drivers of innovation and entrepreneurship through inclusivity in advancing green industries for a better and more sustainable future for all.